Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bot-check

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Yup, that is still quite a long time. Did you open the support ticket? Glad the scan finished.
    I did and this is what they said:

Hello Nnewb .,

A System Scan should take about 30 mins or more depending on the size and amount of files.

If you have terabytes of data it could take a number of hours to complete.

Please download and install Spybot 2.4 using the link below:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot2allocator.php

--
    Regards,
    Rob
    Team Spybot
    And I replied with:

Hi Rob,

Ok so it *could* take a number of hours to complete, is that number of hours include up to 744 and beyond?

Nnewb
    And haven't heard back from them since....

I've never had to open a support ticket yet, so I'm not sure how long it takes between replies, but I would imagine they have a lot of tickets so another reply might take a while.

They included a link to download 2.4 and that probably would be a faster scan.

If you do stay with Spybot 1.6.2, there are some things listed here to do if the scan freezes. Even though yours isn''t freezing but is just really slow it probably wouldn't hurt if you tried some of them the next time you scan:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...s-during-scan/
    Also, you could set up different types of scans. I'll borrow the instructions from the page above:
    Please run Spybot-S&D and switch to “Advanced mode” via the menu bar item “Mode”. Now select “Settings” –> “File Sets” in the navigation bar on the left.
    Now, if I remember correctly and have sent you to the right place, you should be able to rightclick somewhere in the Spybot window and select different types of scans, such as Spyware scan only, or Minimal scan, etc. A minimal scan wouldn't be as thorough a scan, but it should be faster, and would be worth trying, though you wouldn't want to do that permanently.