Thread: FlashPlayerUpdate in startup

Default FlashPlayerUpdate in startup

Hi,

I keep trying to remove FlashPlayerUpdate from startup, but it adds itself again all the time.
    They have made a quite efficient virus at dobe.
    I DO NOT have the standard flash plugin. Only the firefox one.
    Is there any way to completely BAN Adobe from adding itself to the registry, startup, etc..?
    And more importantly: remove it from my startup list.
    Tried ccleaner and msconfig.

Hello,

Have you tried to remove it also with Spybot?
    Open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'
    Then mark the entry and remove it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ok, So I had to "manually" scan the registry (searched for "FlashPlayerUpdate"), delete some entries, removed entry with ccleaner again... Looked like it was gone.
    Also removed it with spybot as you said now.
    STILL comes back.

Even duplicates the line as I try to remove it.

What gives them the right to do things like that? I hate dobe with a passion. I'd rather install Sasser worm and double click some random exe files than have the dobe infection...
    Firefox plugin FlashBlock <<< MMMMmmh... Only wish it would reduce the initial frame sizes as well...
    Last edited by NoNaMeStoleMyName; 2009-12-10 at 15:34. Reason: avoiding double post... update..

Visit Adobe Flash Player Global Notifications Settings Panel and uncheck "Notify me when an update to Adobe Flash Player is available". Hopefully, this should stop Flash from autochecking for a new update.

Adobe Flash Player v10.0.42.34 released December 8, 2009 is available at Get Flash Player. There are several security updates involved.

But don't you wonder:
    why can't I remove it normally? What else is going on that puts it back when you remove it? I find it very invasive..! Something else must be running in the background, making sure that flashplayerupdate runs...
    I must know what...
    (Flash is so evil.)
    Last edited by NoNaMeStoleMyName; 2009-12-11 at 22:25. Reason: sorry!