Thread: Immunization Not Sticking!

Exclamation Immunization Not Sticking!

I recently repartitioned my hard drive under Windows Vista and in so doing rolled back to Service Pack 1. I immediately ran the latest version of Spybot with the latest updates and did the immunize, and everything was fine. All the unprotected items moved to protected. However, after a few days of surfing the Internet, with both Internet Explorer (v8.0) and Firefox (v3.5.5) Spybot's immunization with the last update has been undone!

So why is the immunization being rolled back to before the updates? I mean, what's the point of updating the immunization against the latest threats if something or someone is rolling it back without my knowledge? I checked both IE and Firefox for some kind of checkbox about protecting against changes, but I didn't find anything! Every time I run Spybot S & D, the previous protections are somehow being undone. This also happened when I was running under Vista Service Pack 2 (which is why I wanted to undo that and reformat my hard drive to the factory settings).

So I need help in getting the latest immunizations to stick. When I update and immunize, I expect all the items that were in the green protected category to stay that way, and not roll back to the unprotected red category.

btw, I have been using Spybot S & D ever since it came out and have nothing but good things to say about it. It's kind of ironic that it is so good that the spammers and virus creators are trying to outwit it, but in the end I know the Spybot team always prevails and I want to help kick the asses of all the spammers, malware and fake alert people for their greed and selfishness! It is not enough that we win, they must fail!
    Last edited by chiefhighliner; 2009-12-11 at 21:22.

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with immunizing FireFox 3.5. After FireFox has been opened new, the immunization is gone.

We are aware of this issue and have it already in our bugtracker.

For now you use this workaround:

1. Open Firefox 3.5, go to Tools | Options | Privacy | Settings.
    There uncheck the checkbox for "Site Preferences".

2. Open Firefox 3.5, go to Tools | Clear Recent History... OR press Ctrl+Shift+Del.
    There uncheck the checkbox for "Site Preferences".

For more informations please have a look at this link in our forum.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot