Thread: I installed Spybot and lost internet explorer connection

Default I installed Spybot and lost internet explorer connection

So yesterday I downloaded spybot and lost my internet connection. Contacted my ISP and they reccommended that I uninstall it, so I did under their direction. Still on my computer apparently. I cannot uninstall any more because the file is not there. Cannot access internet except through safe mode with networking. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi PirateKnight,
    I downloaded spybot and lost my internet connection.
    Did you use the program? If so, how? (e.g. "performed an update, then a scan")
    Still on my computer apparently.
    May I ask how Spybot is still on your computer if it has been uninstalled?

If uninstalling Spybot did not help then it suggests that the problem you are experiencing with your internet connection is unrelated to Spybot. Can you think of any other things you were doing on your computer around that time? Seeing that you downloaded Spybot, were you trying to remove malware off your computer? Some malware can mess with internet connectivity. If you think malware is the issue, read these instructions, then post in the Malware Removal forum.

Best regards

I've been having a similar problem.
    I decided to update/upgrade both Spybot and Ad-Aware that I had been using in parallel for a few years. After the updates I found that a) Spybot notified me of a possible confluct with Ad-Aware, which I'd not had before and b) I had lost my internet connection.
    After trying many other avenues, I decided to uninstall Spybot. My internet connection was back!
    I then decided to try and re-install again, which I did successfully...but my internet connection was lost again!
    After uninstalling...again...I got it back, and now I am on this forum.
    What is going on?

Thanks,
    Andy.