Thread: Startup, Scanning and Immunuzung questions?

Default Startup, Scanning and Immunuzung questions?

1. Why does the inital SpyBot S&D page take so long to come up? After I doubleclick the desktop link, it takes over a minute for the home screen to show up.
    2. Do limited users have to be logged in as an administrator to run a scan? I just ran one on a limited account and it ran very slowly, almost twice as long. The scan didn't find anything other than usage tracks, but I'm not sure it ran properly. It took 1+hr to get from bot-check number 150nnn/779nnn to 735nnn/779nnn.
    3. Also, after an update, I went to a limited user account to immunize the items from the update. The Immunization Incomplete pop-up came up. I clicked ok to close the pop-up and clicked the Immunize button at the top of the SpyBot screen. The progress bar went all the way to the right, but the screen still showed xxx amount of items still not immunized. I logged off the limited user account, logged into an administrator account, changed the limited user to an administrator, then logged back into the user's account. Now the immunize page shows all items immunized.
    Do I have to change all accounts to an administrator to uptade the immunizations and run a scan? If I do, can I just run right-click the program and choose "run as another user"-administrator?
    Thanks for the help.
    XP Home SP3
    Pent.4 1.8GHz,768MB
    IE 6.0.2800.1106SP3
    Inspiron Laptop
    Vista Premium SP2
    Dual Core 2.0GHZ,2GB
    IE 7
    Firefox
    MSE AntiVirus
    Malwarebytes
    CCleaner
    SpyBot
    SpywareBlaster

Hello,

It can take longer to open up, if you run any other security programs.
    For scanning you do not necessarily need admin rights, but for fixing found items. For updating you also need admin rights.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Sandra,
    Thank you for your reply and help.
    XP Home SP3
    Pent.4 1.8GHz,768MB
    IE 6.0.2800.1106SP3
    Inspiron Laptop
    Vista Premium SP2
    Dual Core 2.0GHZ,2GB
    IE 7