Thread: immunization incomplete

Default immunization incomplete

I have been using Spybot for 6 years or more - starting last week, when I run the Immunization feature I get an error message saying "immunization incomplete".
    The following will not immunize:

Temp (Cookies) 193
    Temp (Domains) 12492
    Temp (IPs) 36
    Temp (Secure Domains) 12492
    Global (Hosts) 52

I have tried the various suggestions on the forums here and nothing has worked so far. I'm running XP Pro SP2, ESET NOD32, STOPZilla, SpywareBlaster among other virus/adware protection, but even when turned off or disabled, I still have the same problem. I also use Firefox 3.5 and have used FF for at least a couple years. I never had anything similar to this until a week ago.

Any ideas what I can do? or is this even a concern?

thanks for your help...

First, I would suggest that you disable StopZilla (I recalled it was the Real-time protection shield) and then Immunize Spybot.

Procedure:
    Open Spybot-Search&Destroy>Click on the Immunize tab (square box on the side below Recovery), and then make sure the following columns listed in your post are checked and click the Immunize button (green cross/plus).

Default tried that...

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    First, I would suggest that you disable StopZilla (I recalled it was the Real-time protection shield) and then Immunize Spybot.

Procedure:
    Open Spybot-Search&Destroy>Click on the Immunize tab (square box on the side below Recovery), and then make sure the following columns listed in your post are checked and click the Immunize button (green cross/plus).
    thanks drragostea, but I've tried that - I've also disabled every antivirus/anti-spyware program I have (AdAware, SpywareBlaster, PeerBlock, ESET, etc.) - I've tried running immunization in Safe Mode as well... absolutely nothing has worked.

Do you have more than one account on your machine? Is there a guest account?

two accounts - both with administrator privileges; no guest account.

ok - it seems I had a rogue user account (TEMP) that wasn't fully deleted. I managed to get rid of it, and I deleted the other admin account leaving only one user account (mine).

I rebooted into Safe Mode and applied the immunization with no problem. I rebooted back into normal mode and windows still had the second user account (my son's) as a pick, so I logged into it and it went through the setup as if it were a new one - which I believe it was at this point.

I logged out, logged into my account, ran the immunization (with STOPZilla disabled) and now i get these which refuse to immunize:
    Internet Explorer (32/64 bit)
    DEFAULT_ Classes (Cookies) 193
    DEFAULT_ Classes (Domains) 12634
    DEFAULT_ Classes (IPs) 36
    DEFAULT_ Classes (Secure Domains) 12634

Thought I had it figured out with the extra user account, but it seems not...

Cool

I don't know what I did, but I went back into Safe Mode, ran immunization, and was able to get everything protected again. I booted back to normal mode and everything is still protected!

except for one last thing...

12 items in Global (Hosts) remain unprotected - I uncheck the Hosts File box under Network in STOPZilla's Real Time Protection and I can get all 12 protected. As soon as I check the box again, the 12 unprotected items return. Is this a problem with STOPZilla maybe?

The whole thing has me puzzled...