Thread: Error during installation in Win7

Angry Error during installation in Win7

Hello, I've used SpybotS&D for years on Windows XP with no problems. I've now moved to Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. When I installed Spybot from a fresh download everything was fine until the "creating registry entries" section.
    The installation stopped and an error window appeared:
    "Error writing to registry key: HKEY_Current_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    RegSetValueEx failed; code 5.
    Access is denied.

My next choices were Abort, Retry (which failed to achieve anything) or Ignore.

I tried Ignore and the installation completed as usual.

During the install I selected to include SDHelper and TeaTimer but there is no TeaTimer icon in my notification area and TeaTimer is not selected on the Resident page. If I tick the TeaTimer box I get error msg: Failed to set data for "Spybot TeaTimer"

I had disabled AVG, I tried uninstalling fully using the methods described in other threads, including the "remove Spybot settings" registry editor, and deleting left over folders in Program Files and Program Data.

I have "installed as Administrator" and "Run as Administrator". I've tried the direct install link. All with the same results.

Everything else seems to work as normal just TeaTimer causing me grief.

Have I missed something ? Is this a known error/bug ?

Can anybody please help ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Default Update

I've no idea how but TeaTimer has now decided to play. I've got an icon on the desktop and its now showing in Task Manager drawing 127Mb of memory but there is still no tick in the box in Tools/Resident Protection and the information box below is empty. I'm sure this should be showing some info, or am I going round the bend at last ????

Default Gone backwards

I was hoping to find somebody had answers or suggestions to yesterdays TeaTimer problem. Today I've booted up, no TeaTimer again. I've tried all I can think of but I can't get it to run.

Any suggestions anybody ? Please.

Hi Judd11,

Here is a thread which could help you:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=47091

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Many thanks Matt I will check out your suggestion and let you know how I get on.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.