Thread: Cannot get new updates unless I reboot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cannot get new updates unless I reboot

Hello friends,
    I cannot get new updates unless I reboot my computer. When I click on "Search for new updates" it goes out to look for the information and comes back with the dialog box, "No new updates available". After a week or so, I become suspicious and reboot. After rebooting, I get my updates with no problems.
    Everything else works fine. My wife and I have the same computers with the same software and she has no problems getting new updates.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Holiness David
    Last edited by davetheengineer; 2009-12-24 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by davetheengineer View Post
    After a week or so, I become suspicious and reboot. After rebooting, I get my updates with no problems.
    Hello David.
    Spybot-Search&Destroy updates arrive on a weekly basis, on the Wednesday of every week. I can promise you they arrive promptly with no delays.

I have noticed you said after rebooting after a week.
    Well, I was assuming:
    -there should be no problems with the updater itself, since it is telling you that there no new updates, but...
    -if you have updated... say like the Tuesday of last week (which includes all previous updates;they are cumulative) and then updated Friday, and then attempted to update again on Tuesday you will not receive any updates because the updates have already been accomplished on Friday.

If I were to open Spybot-Search&Destroy>Help>About, it will tell me the version build and the definition updates.

The latest one should be:
    Version 1.6.2.46
    Definition update: December 23, 2009.
    The definition update will vary because I have updated mine yesterday, which corresponds with the weekly updates from SaferNetworking.

What does your Info window say?
    -
    Also, are your running Windows Vista?
    Last edited by drragostea; 2009-12-25 at 02:50.