Thread: Anything in "Immunization" that would keep

Default Anything in "Immunization" that would keep

my computer from being able to reach www.tomtom.com

I bought my wife a TomTom for Christmas and I can't get to their site from my computer with their "Home" program to update it (the map) or sign up for any services or extras.

Running totally-updated WinXP Pro here, and it makes no difference whether I have both my A/V and firewall shutdown or not.

I use "Immunization" feature on SBS&D, but I don't use the "hosts" file or "Resident".

Any ideas or help out there on this fine, rainy-as-all-get-out Christmas afternoon?

And - MERRY CHRISTMAS, everybody! Pete

*When I use Karen's "WhoIS" to try to resolve either www.tomtom.com or http://www.tomtom.com or https://www.tomtom.com the program tells me "Error: Connection forcefully rejected". What's up with that?
    Last edited by spy1; 2009-12-25 at 19:00.

I can honestly tell you I, myself, am pretty that "www.tomtom.com" is not being blocked (or even listed in Spybot's Immunization feature).

PS: Tomtom.com is a safe site, I am pretty sure. Spybot should have no reason to block it.
    The "hosts" you mentioned is the same thing as the Immunization.

I can visit the site with no problems. Does your firewall have a hosts file feature?

Thanks for the reply (I think).

I have since conversed (at length) with both my ISP and TomTom tech support and the issue is a bad server or servers on TomTom's end.

Hopefully, they'll get it sorted out before my daughter has to use it to travel to Alabama on Friday (the map currently on there is more than 20 weeks out-of-date and I'm unable to update it). Pete

Thanks for the reply (I think).

I have since conversed (at length) with both my ISP and TomTom tech support and the issue is a bad server or servers on TomTom's end.
    You can take a breath of relief and cross out the "I think".
    Tomtom should be running in no time.