Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove all useage tracks error

Default Remove all useage tracks error

To All,
    Just a newbee to the forum, have used Sypbot for about 2 years and no problems. One or two updates ago I started getting error saying that Spybot exe. was attemping to access memory and was causing a Kernell 32.DLL fault.
    I removed Spybot and reinstalled and still getting same problem when I run Spybot with the useage tracks info turned on, and then try to clear all them out. I even use SFC and reinstalled the Kernell 32.dll file from windows cd, no help. I am running Win 98se on a Pentium 4 with 511meg memory and have not had any problems until recently, I have not removed or installed and apps, all other operations seem normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Greg

Esteemed Member

I suggest that you narrow down the problem by letting it delete them one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenfeld View Post
    I suggest that you narrow down the problem by letting it delete them one at a time.

I hadn't thought of that, but I saw that Avast had cked the Spybot as a false positive and it did mess up the files for Sypbot. I completely removed Sypbot as per the instructions on the web site, even down to the folder in C: windows\...
    I rebooted a couple of times and reinstalled with a fresh down load. Now I get
    KERNEL32.DLL error, SypbotSD.exe/ autoimmunize, and I pretty sure that I do not have that turned on or even if I can turn it on. I really liked the program up until Avast messed it up. Again ant help is greatly appreciated.

Pentium 4
    Win 98se
    511meg ram
    Greg:

Esteemed Member

I don't use Avast, but I assume that like most AV programs it has an option to exclude files or folders from its realtime and on demand scans. If so excluding Spybot files and folders might be helpful to stop it interfering. Then uninstall/reinstall Spybot.

Thanks for the info but its not Avast that I'm having trouble with. It's Spybot
    when I run it and then go to remove the usage tracks I get the error : spybot.exe/auto immunize has caused:
    The application overflowed its temporary memory area.

Module Name: KERNEL32.DLL
    Description: Win32 Kernel core component
    Version: 4.10.2222
    Product: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Operating System

and this error has done this last 3 or 4 time that I have attempted to remove the usage tracks. I even went as far as to use SFC and replace the KERNEL32.DLL, to no help. This was not a problem until Avast gave me a false positive for Trojan horse as being in Spybot. As per the instructions I removed Spybot thru the windows control panel and in the C:\ windows folders for spyboth even the hidden files are shown in my setup. I reinstalled with a fresh down load of Spyboth, updated and ran the same way and got the same error. I really like Spybot and I hope that someone can help me get this fixed.I know that I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but with all the knowledge that is here someone should be able to help me.
    Greg

Esteemed Member

It would still be helpful to find out which usage track deletion is causing that error, as some delete files, others delete entries in various parts of the registry.

Default useage track problems

Rosenfeld,
    Thanks for the reply, sorry so late the holidays really cut my internet time down
    I started to remove usage tracks one at a time and the last error was:

The application or one of its DLLs may have overflowed an internal temporary buffer, and :Module Name: KERNEL32.DLL
    Description: Win32 Kernel core component
    Version: 4.10.2222

then it says this application will be shut down, and you may need to reinstall it.
    As I stated in some earlier post this happened after Avast anti-virus found a false positive, which had been mentioned in the forum earlier. I removed Spybot
    all of it and down loaded it again and still having same problem with Spybot.
    Avast has been up dated and NO longer detects Spybot as a error. I really like the way Spybot works and there isn't much still available for Win98se. Any help is really appreciated!Greg

Esteemed Member

So which was the usage track that caused that error?

Default useage track problems

Rosenfled,
    Now it appears to be random, I'll run it again and get back to you. Sorry I'm slow at this, don't have as much time as I did before to work on this.

Default Usage track errors

Rosenfeld,
    Sorry again about getting back to this so late, I got fed up with the problems that the usage tracks were causing so I took that check out of the check items, now it reports no problems, but I feel a little more exposed. If I use the usage tracks I get random " this program has commuted and unauthorized function...blab...blab and it terminates the program, I'm using Win98se and have had no problems with it until I got a false positive with my Avast anti-virus. I completely uninstalled Spybot and reintstalled it and now I get the intermittant
    problem with usage tracks selected. Thanks for any help!!!
    Greg