Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove all useage tracks error

Esteemed Member

The usage tracks do not pose any risk (they are not malware), so if your PC has no malware or tracking cookies the only thing you are exposed to is that some other user of your PC could (with some effort) find out what you have been doing.

Unless that is of concern to you, I would suggest that you do not bother with them. In advanced mode, settings, File sets, uncheck the box at Usage tracking (but if I read your post correctly, you have already done that).
    Of course that is a workaround rather than a solution.

I don't have Windows 98, nor Avast and cannot reproduce your symptoms, so can't offer much help to solve the problem.
    Do you know which file Avast alerted on that you say was a false positive? Did it remove it or does AVAST have a quarantine from which you could restore the file? It may not necessarily have been a spybot file, perhaps a system file that Spybot wants to use. If you can identify the file, you could see if you can restore it or get a copy of it somewhere.

Rosenfeld,
    Great idea on the anti-virus isolation of the file. I freaked me when it happened and I have hardly ever gotten any anti-virus reactions so when it happened I'll have to double check what I did. Thanks again for your help, I know that usage tracks are not really that big a deal, but it was working before and just bugs me that it isn't now. Thanks again!!
    Greg