Thread: is there a program that makes a xp look like a mac leopard?

Question is there a program that makes a xp look like a mac leopard?

well instead of using my local computer i ordered a wireless router for my xg viper gaming computer i never used and i was wondering if there was a program for a xp to look like a mac leopard?

joke of the day
    what do you call cheese that is not yours?not cho cheese XD
    "Nature is a very beautiful thing why not enjoy the beautiful views?You only live once."
    TR098

武道のすべての様式は沖縄、日本で完全に始まった
    このウェブサイトのメンバーがあること自慢している

Default Skins, themes and mods

Hi TR098,

Making 'XP look like Mac' is definately a popular request and therefore is a subject widely discussed on the 'net. If you do a search for 'make xp look like mac os x', you'll receive plenty of guides. There are a variety of ways to go about "skinning" your system so it's hard to choose which method to go for. I've heard of 1-click packages that do all the technical work for you so if you're looking for something simple then that may be the direction you want to head towards. Usually, but not always these software packages usefully revert all changes when they're removed from a system. Some packages however have active processes which start up with Windows - I would stay away from these as these skinning processes needlessly eat up precious RAM needed for your gaming.

Personally I prefer the DeviantArt method. DeviantArt.com has a huge catalogue of user made system themes that are of a very high standard. I use a Windows 7 theme from the site myself. Themes can range in detail depending on how 'authentic' you want the overall effect to be. Keep in mind that all themes are user created and therefore you'll have to trust that the creator is competent! I've found that popular themes are not only usually the safest but also the best in terms of quality. You'll also have to make sure you have a modified version of some system files to enable 3rd party themes. You can use good free utility such as VistaGlazz to deal with that (it also allows you to revert any changes), but as with anything to do with system files extra care should be taken.

Unfortunately, I can't help you as to which specific guide or program/theme is the 'best' or more importantly which is the least likely to mess up your system because I've never desired to make my system look like OSX. However, I can offer some general advice such as before following any guides/installing programs, make sure you make a system restore point and preferably have a working backup of all your data just in case anything does go wrong.

You say you're using the system you want to skin as a gaming system. My advice would be to keep that system free of anything unnecessary (imho themes/skins belong in this category) so that all resources and channelled into providing optimal gaming performance. Of course the choice is yours.

Hope that helped you a little,
    Happy New Year,

honda

Have you ever tried to look in deviantart.com?
    Try this one:
    http://nlm-studios.deviantart.com/ar...ited-118904229
    Note: This is visual style, you'll need a patch to make this theme work: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...iPatcher.shtml

About Mac Transfomation Packs, I've never seen one .

Smile

hello honda i just wanted to say thank you for all the information i took my xg viper into the wrong path i was downloading usless junk it clogged up my computer and i got some trojans then i cleaned it up so ill just stick to my old xp and i heard if you have many thins running at the same time your computer will become slow as a turtle

thanks honda

-TR098
    "Nature is a very beautiful thing why not enjoy the beautiful views?You only live once."
    TR098

武道のすべての様式は沖縄、日本で完全に始まった
    このウェブサイトのメンバーがあること自慢している

No problem, glad I could help.