Thread: Smitfraud-C attempt--got infected?

Default Smitfraud-C attempt--got infected?

I visited a website to find songs by Christine Lavin and clicked on 2 links to hear songs by her. Later I got a spybot warning that Smitfraud-C was attempting to change the registry. I denied this attempt. Seems to have been done through Quicktime. I looked at my wininet.dll, scanned it with both Norton AV and with Spybot--got negatives. Did full Norton AV and Spybot scans, which found nothing. But today there were 2 attempts by shdoclc.dll to connect to the internet, to, I think, "Adyield manager". I denied these also. Am I infected? Should I worry that I have a trojan that is not monitoring my online transactions, etc.? Tried to do online Kaspersky scan, but that is not now available. What to do?

Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Hi.

Please read:-

BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance

Then carry out all advised tasks and post the logs requested, thank you.
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.

Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.