Thread: Not able to make a scan

Default Not able to make a scan

Hi all,
    for a few weeks, Spybot is not able to make a full scan. During the scanning, suddenly Spybot stops its activity, resp. Spybot turns off itself. Where could be the problem. I am using Comodo internet security, but during scan by Spybot, I disable Comodo firewall and antivirus. Comodo and Spybot are running together for more than one year, problem is only a few weeks old. Could somene help?
    Thanks

Hi,fitus.
    Are you having any other problems with other applications,or other problems with your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Hi,fitus.
    Are you having any other problems with other applications,or other problems with your computer?
    No, computer runs OK (I think so)

Hello,

Please run a scan in safe mode:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
    That should fix it.

It should also help to deactivate the scanning for usage tracks and Cookies.
    Please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the navigation bar on the left. The checkboxes in front of "Usage tracking, Beta.uti, NewTracks.uti and Tracks.uti" have to be unticked if you do not want to find usage tracks anymore. For excluding Cookies from the search deactivate the checkbox in front of Cookies.sbi.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?