Thread: "always stay logged in" "stay signed in"

Default "always stay logged in" "stay signed in"

As of last week after my scheduled Spybot scan i find myself logged out of sites where i had clicked "always stay logged in" or "stay signed in" such as gmail or nytimes.com or my bank card number. this is not, as far as i can tell, a problem with firefox 3.5.7. but i should note that its selective - it seems to log me out of some sites and not out of others.

any ideas?

the one change i notice is that when i run a spybot manual scan i get the message "congrats, no immediate threats found" and underneath that it says Cache (1 entry, Browser) Cookie (1 entry, Browser) History (1 entry, Browser) - this was not there in the past. with respect to the Browser - it says Internet Explorer which i NEVER use.

very confused

Staying logged in is stored as a cookie in the browser. After updating Firefox, sometimes a site will not recognize it's own cookie (I don't know why). Sometimes, deleting cookies for that domain and then logging into the site will set a new cookie that the site will recognize. See Firefox no longer keeping me logged in on sites

I had this happen on Mozillazine Forums recently after an update. Deleting the cookie and letting the site set another one corrected the problem.

thanks for you reply but its not a firefox problem - its a spybot issue. for now i've simply reduced my scans from nightly to monthly as the erasure of cookies (i guess they are cookies) is a pain in the backside. i'd sure like to know what i could do return to how it was.

If you are sure that it's not a Firefox issue, you can uncheck the cookie scan in SpyBot Search and Destroy. Cookies can be a privacy issue, but aren't a security issue.

I use the Cookie Monster extension in Firefox, and only cookies from sites I allow are set in Firefox. Doubleclick and other tracking sites can't set cookies, so there is no need to scan for removal.

I did unclick cookies but to no avail. I'm sure it has something to do with these indicators on the results page - Cache (1 entry, Browser) Cookie (1 entry, Browser) History (1 entry, Browser) - there were not there before. were these added as a recent update?

Default is my problem this bug?

I found this reference to a known bug in another post - i'm wondering if this is the problem i'm experiencing:

Test Firefox 3.5
    Situation: Spybot immunizes browsers and scans browser caches.

Experienced: support for many Mozilla/Firefox variants.

Expected: test and support Firefox 3.5.