Thread: Firefox Immunization Issue

Question Firefox Immunization Issue

Hello,

I have Firefox 3 installed on my computer and I am having immunization issues. It does immunize, seemingly, but every time I go into Spybot and check my immunization, everything for Firefox is reset to 0. I thought this might be because I have Firefox set to delete all temporary files and clear the cache and everything else upon closing the program, but I have tried unchecking that but the problem still occurs.

Some background info:
    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (both Firefox and Spybot are 32 bit)
    I have NOT had Firefox 2 on this computer.

If you have any ideas on how to make it so my Firefox stays immunized or need more info from me, please let me know!

Thank you

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with immunizing FireFox 3.5. After FireFox has been opened new, the immunization is gone.

We are aware of this issue and have it already in our bugtracker.

For now you use this workaround:

1. Open Firefox 3.5, go to Tools | Options | Privacy | Settings.
    There uncheck the checkbox for "Site Preferences".

2. Open Firefox 3.5, go to Tools | Clear Recent History... OR press Ctrl+Shift+Del.

For more informations please have a look at this link in our forum.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default No "Site Preferences" showing

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

For now you use this workaround:

1. Open Firefox 3.5, go to Tools | Options | Privacy | Settings.

2. Open Firefox 3.5, go to Tools | Clear Recent History... OR press Ctrl+Shift+Del.
    When I go to either of these places, I don't see "Site Preferences". Maybe because of a Firefox update.

What now?

^Wilkins

1. For the first setting, make sure that Firefox will "Use custom settings for history" is showing in the pulldown at the top of the Options tab.

2. For Clear Recent History, the ^ by the "Details" is a toggle showing or hiding the selections.

It's all still there in the current Firefox 3.5.7 release.

Default Still not there

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    ^Wilkins

1. For the first setting, make sure that Firefox will "Use custom settings for history" is showing in the pulldown at the top of the Options tab.
    Thanks. I found it in "Clear Recent History" and it was already unchecked.

I still don't see it even with "Use custom settings for history". I've attached a screenshot.

Note: I can find it IF I check "Clear history when Firefox closes" and click "Settings", but it's unchecked there also. Still don't have immunization.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkins View Post
    Thanks. I found it in "Clear Recent History" and it was already unchecked.

I still don't see it even with "Use custom settings for history". I've attached a screenshot.

Note: I can find it IF I check "Clear history when Firefox closes" and click "Settings", but it's unchecked there also. Still don't have immunization.

OK IM IN COMPLETE AGREEMENT HERE. IM RUNNING SPYBOT THE LAST TWO MONTHS, VERSION 2.1
    AND IM FED UP WITH THIS BUG.

FIREFOX CANNOT BE IMMUNIZIED, AND APPARENTLY THE TEAM HERE AT SAFER NETWORKING DOESNT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

I will uninstall spybot now since its become a piece of crap that cant even immunize properly therefore the entire program is comprimised in my honest and albeit unwanted and rude opinion.

I cant stand it when software wants to do one thing and say another.

until you ppl write ur software and know how to code. ill chek out another program..

this is so damn annoying.