Thread: TeaTimer Memory leak..?

Default TeaTimer Memory leak..?

I'm aware that this subject has been discussed in other threads, but it has now jumped to 122 meg, which I find just crazy. My white and black lists are both empty... Why is it taking so much?

Default Update

btw
    Pentium Core2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz
    4Gb Ram (2.99 recognised)
    Windows XP SP3 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
    Swapfile defragged.

Still sits at 122mb.

And now I think about it, I've merged a few files with the registary in the last week or so and TT hasn't even noticed... Think it's going to be disabled until this problem is sorted out.

Further, TT doesn't climb to 122mb, it starts there! Upon running, it opens at 122mb then climbs to 140, then drops back down to 122 and sticks around there.
    Last edited by Andeee; 2010-01-15 at 09:56.

Hello,

When the computer is running for a long time without a standby, reboot, or shutdown memory consumption of a (refers to any) can slightly increase.

It's taking that much because TeaTimer is a Resident Shield that actively protects you from malware. I would suggest you reboot and see how it goes. Usually TeaTimer will take up 35-50MB of RAM. Seeing that modern PCs built today have more RAM and resources, 80MB should be nothing.

If this does not help you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot