Thread: Uninstall problem

Default Uninstall problem

There is a lock symbol on the Spybot icon in my taskbar. When I tried to uninstall in add/remove programs, I received the error message unins001.msg is missing. I updated to 1.6.2 and tried again to uninstall and received the same message. Then I went to program files and tried deleting Spybot there. I received the message Cannot delete advcheck.dll: Access is denied.

What should I try next?

There is a lock symbol on the Spybot icon in my taskbar.
    That's normal,it is teatimer,and the lock symbol is normally there.
    Please try rightclicking teatimer in your taskbar,and selecting "Exit Spybot S&D Resident" before trying to delete the Spybot Search & Destroy folder in Program Files.If that works,then please reboot before downloading a new Spybot.
    Downloads:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Thanks, but still no luck. This time when I tried to delete the folder in Program files I received the message Cannot delete SDHelper.dll: Access is denied.

I downloaded Spybot again and this time was able to uninstall it from add/remove programs. Problem solved!

This time when I tried to delete the folder in Program files I received the message Cannot delete SDHelper.dll: Access is denied.
    You may have gotten that error if Internet Explorer was open when deleting the Spybot S&D folder,as sometimes happens,as I recall.

Glad to hear the problem was solved.