Thread: Windows AntiVirus Override

I need some help.. I installed spybot yesterday and it sort of ruined my computer.. It found a file called windows anti-virus override. At that point i didnt know what it was so i just deleted it. The next morning (today) i turn on my computer and my window secruity thing pops up saying my anti-virus protection program status is unknown. I called windows security center and they say they dont know how to fix it. This program just screwed up my computer.. Someone tell me how to fix it? btw i tried recovering the problem but I still get the pop up.

Default Windows AntiVirus Override

I need some help.. I installed spybot yesterday and it sort of ruined my computer.. It found a file called windows anti-virus override. At that point i didnt know what it was so i just deleted it. The next morning (today) i turn on my computer and my window secruity thing pops up saying my anti-virus protection program status is unknown. I called windows security center and they say they dont know how to fix it. This program just screwed up my computer.. Someone tell me how to fix it? btw i tried recovering the problem but I still get the pop up saying the anti virus status is unknown

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The above post by JamesLee112 appears to be a duplicate of the thread started here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Yes it is. I just really want the problem fixed since this program which has so many hits on download.com managed to screw up my computer in a matters of minutes.
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-07-01 at 10:04. Reason: Topics merged

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

JamesLee112:

Do you have an anti-virus program and if so what is it?

Also, please post the actual detections that you received and fixed. To do this, post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log that was produced when you did the "Check for problems" and "Fix selected problems" immediately before your problem started.

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

To post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from the scan/fix there are two methods:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file from the scan/fix just before you started having the problem. Open it. Right click > Select all. Right click > Copy. Paste to the post.
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Copy and paste into the post.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I really dont know how to do either of the methods. Can you start from the beginning please like.. start menue > etc.. or myspace computer > etc..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesLee112
    I really dont know how to do either of the methods. Can you start from the beginning please like.. start menue > etc.. or myspace computer > etc..
    nvm i got it now im at this folder with 8 files. or "text documents"