Thread: I don't know whether to deny or allow change

Default I don't know whether to deny or allow change

Hi, I am clueless about computer tech stuff. When I ran spybot it found a threat called CoolWWWSearch.OleHelp. I clicked fix problems and after it fixed the problems I got a box that says Spybot S&D has detected an important registry entry that has been changed; category: System startup user entry; change: value deleted; entry: svchost; old data: has some info then new data is empty. Should I allow or deny this change? Thank you.

Hello,

If you have scanned and fixed items with Spybot you have to allow the registry change that the Resident TeaTimer is asking for.
    Only then the items will be deleted completely.

Best rgeards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you!

Hello! Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but I didn't want to create a new thread. :[

I have a similar problem, but in reverse, which worries me. Is it still safe to Allow? Instead of deleting, it seems to be adding..? This came up after a scan:

Category: System Startup user entry
    Change: Value added
    Entry: SpybotDeletingB3057
    Old data: (blank)
    New data: command.com /c del "C:\Program Giles (x86)\MyWebSearch\bar\Settings\s_pid.dat"

(I don't want to screw anything up since this is my mother's computer; she has a habit of downloading online games, so I wanted to add some safeguards while she's away on vacation... but my stepfather will kill me if I screw it up!)

Can anyone please translate what this screen is telling me (why is it coming up different from newuser13's screen, in terms of "old/new data"?), and then tell me whether it is safe to Allow?

Hello,

Yes, please allow it.
    The TeaTimer tells you that there is an SpybotDeleting entry.
    So Spybot tries to delete something after the scan.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot