Thread: Cancel Sacn and Clean?

Default Cancel Sacn and Clean?

May the scan be terminated mid way to clean what has been detected?

Note: I've encountered severe problems (malware, trojans etc) causing the scan to operate very slow - nearing 48 hours! - normally the sacn takes about 30 minutes) system is an HP Kyack with dual 350's...Win 2000...old slow but tough!

Thanks in advance!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

scottymore:

Quote Originally Posted by scottymore
    May the scan be terminated mid way to clean what has been detected?
    I did an experiment and it seems to work. However, there is another alternative that also may help. If you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets and check/uncheck various categories of malware that Spybot will scan for, you may also be able to reduce the time that a scan for a particular grouping of malware takes.

However, with a radical increase of the scan time that you apparently have experienced, I suspect that is more than just basic malware causing the problem. For example, slow scan times have in some cases been traced to things know as "rootkits" that are not currently detected/remove by Spybot.

I suggest that you consider posting in the Malware Removal forum and request assistance in identifying and getting rid of the problem.

Follow the instructions outlined in the following reference, attempting to run the recommended scans (if they will complete) and producing the required HijackThis log:

Then start a new thread (topic) in the following forum, describing the problem that you are having and include the HijackThis log that you produced above:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.