Thread: virtumonde

Default virtumonde

Whenever I try to run Spybot, it appears to be running normally at first, but after it gets to Virtumonde.dll it stops. The progress bar and number keep increasing, but it says Virtumonde.dll the whole time. Eventually, it changes to other Virtumonde files, but its always Virtumonde.*** until the end, at which point it says done with no infections found. Here is a link to another forum where I tried to get help witha ll relevant logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=280814&hl=virtumonde

Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

1.6.2 with updated definitions.

Default Same problem

Experiencing the same problem! Any suggestions? Thanks

Hello,

The scan can take a little bit longer for Virtumonde, as those detection rules are very complex. But that does not mean that you have any Virtumonde infection on your pc. This is only the status bar that shows you what Spybot is searching for at the moment.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

It doesn't just show it for a long time. It shows it the entire time after it is encountered about 15 minutes into the scan. From then on, the status bar always shows Virtumonde.***, and that's only on this computer. On other computers it runs normally, so I am pretty sure its a symptom of something, though not sure what. I am also suspicions because for a while, Spybot wouldn't run at all, and it took vigorous cleaning to even get my computer to this point.

Bump? I am still having the problem.