Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vistaprint

Far more people use SpyBot Search & Destroy to protect their computers than use VistaPrint. I applaud their efforts.

Those that wish to use VistaPrint can simply remove the protections that SpyBot S&D offers, and go about their business. The rest of the greater community can continue to be safe from it's affiliates.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    Far more people use SpyBot Search & Destroy to protect their computers than use VistaPrint. I applaud their efforts.

Those that wish to use VistaPrint can simply remove the protections that SpyBot S&D offers, and go about their business. The rest of the greater community can continue to be safe from it's affiliates.

Point 1: You must be one of those computer users that needs to have their mother hold their hand when they use the compuuter.

But put that aside

Point #2: Tell me one thing that VistaPrint or it's afilates are doing that is ""harmful to a computer""??

Point #3: Tell me how to immunize without adding this particular entry.

Answer questions 2 and 3 and I will lend credence to your post.

Well you have to immunize everything, then turn it on to advanced mode, go to settings then to ie and unlock your hosts file... then go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and edit your hosts file to remove the two entries related to vistaprint... then if you are using firefox like me you have to un-immunize your images, but if you are using chrome or ie you might not have to.... though I'm still having trouble seeing images on the site :(

That aside, I 100% agree, and don't think this type of site should be moderated in this way. As far as I can tell from their site they are only affiliates with Commission Junction, Google and LinkShare. As far as I know most affiliate networks have strict anti-spam policies. If it were there own affiliate program it would be one thing, but if the spammers keep trying to exploit the affiliate networks is it really vp's fault?

I just want to get my postcards printed!!!! But I still can't get images to show... sigh.

----
    Edit...

Just had to restart firefox to get the images to show... I've been too busy complaining
    Last edited by ewebsky; 2010-02-09 at 17:21. Reason: Extra note

Hello,

Vistaprint will be removed from immunization with the update from the 2010-02-10.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Great to hear it's decided on... guess I can bear with it for a whole day

This will make my life easier, didn't want to give up my spybot! Been using it since the beginning .

Thanks!

@bkmtech,

It looks like it is a moot argument. It seems VistaPrint has addressed complaints about it, or it wouldn't be removed from the immunizations.

Reply to #1. I don't need help for myself, but I have a couple of friends that I have to disinfect their computers fairly regularly. In order to 'see' something, they click thru warnings that the security programs give them. I can assure you that they have 'seen' almost everything.

Reply to #2. Their reputation preceeds them. I don't visit the site, so have no first hand information.

Reply to #3. ewebsky told you how. A web owner is and should be held responsible for any affiliate the has been allowed to place a link on their site.(and especially if allowed to run active content from a 3rd party site)

Default More concern for blocking Vistaprint

I have to add my .02 and request that Vistaprint be removed from the blocking list.

I personally have fallen prey to the spam programs that were a part of Vistaprint and had to call the companies and request refunds etc. Even with that experience, I still want Vistaprint to be removed. I use them quite a bit and thought that they had gone out of business until I did the research and found this thread.

I have donated quite a lot of money to your business. I make sure that everyone that I tell donates as well. If you do not remove the block on Vistaprint, I'll be forced to dump your security software and find another choice. Not that I want to, it's a matter of business; you have made it almost impossible for my business to continue.

Red face

@bkmtech,
    It looks like it is a moot argument. It seems VistaPrint has addressed complaints about it, or it wouldn't be removed from the immunizations.

Reply to #1. I don't need help for myself, but I have a couple of friends that I have to disinfect their computers fairly regularly. In order to 'see' something, they click thru warnings that the security programs give them. I can assure you that they have 'seen' almost everything.

Reply to #2. Their reputation preceeds them. I don't visit the site, so have no first hand information.

Reply to #3. ewebsky told you how. A web owner is and should be held responsible for any affiliate the has been allowed to place a link on their site.(and especially if allowed to run active content from a 3rd party site)
    GopherJohn

In regards to your reply to Point 1, I challenge you to provide any proof that VistaPrint or it's affiliates has or is infecting any computer with spyware or malware.

In regards to Point 2, as you said you have no firsthand knowledge.

In regards to Point 3, ewebsky did not say how to prevent the entry from being made, only how to remove it.

I will still stand by my assertion that SPYBOT has no business acting like a self-appointed online Better Business Bureau in cases where there is no infection of a computer or misleading software downloads.

SPYBOT can expect to hear from me again the next time SPYBOT acts in similar manner with any other company I desire to do business with.

Thank you SPYBOT for removing this entry.

Sincerely

Brian

@bkmtech

I have no need to provide you with anything, and I'm quite sure that your threats aren't at all concerning to Safer Networking.

If VistaPrint returns to the spammer affiliates, then it is likely to be added back in again.
    Last edited by Gopher John; 2010-02-09 at 23:28. Reason: spammer issue

Question

@bkmtech

I have no need to provide you with anything, and I'm quite sure that your threats aren't at all concerning to Safer Networking.

If VistaPrint returns to the spammer affiliates, then it is likely to be added back in again.
    Do you work for SPYBOT, or with SPYBOT.

If you don't I would suggest you have nothing serious to contribute.

Just passing time I guess.