Thread: Problem with Spybot-S&D

Exclamation Problem with Spybot-S&D

Please advice on how to remove a faulty program Spybot-S & D. The computer I report an error, but the program does not remove or otherwise repaired. Thank you in advance for any help. using Windows 7, the browser MozillaFirefox

What did the error message say?

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

Spybot - Search & Destroy will uninstall from the Windows Add/Remove Software control panel without problems.

If you want to completely get rid of Spybot-S&D and the Add/Remove doesn't help, you can delete the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\).

If you just want to upgrade to a newer version, please follow the same instructions like above and then install the new version.

After following these instructions please restart your system so that the changes can take place.

Also, neither the automated uninstall nor the manual uninstall like described above will remove the following directories, which you will have to remove by hand:

* Windows 95 or 98: C:\Windows\Aplication Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows NT, 2000 or XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    * Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you can't find this folder please check your folder properties.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?