Thread: Spybot won't load since version 1.4

Default Spybot won't load since version 1.4

Hi Spybot Team, sorry if this is an old topic but I've searched the forum for a while now and can't find anything that relates to my issues.

I've downloaded various versions of Spybot S&D from version 1.2 from download.com and initially had no problems, since the update to newer releases than this, starting at 1.4 (including 1.5 etc) when trying to load the program from the desktop or start menu, the program begins to load and goes as far as the 99% loaded mark before freezing, no user screen will appear even after a 5 minute wait. I assumed the problem maybe my antivirus but since having removed that program and gone for one of its competitors I'm still having the same issue. I've tried clean re-installs of version 1.62? but I still can't reach a run-able Spybot screen. I've uninstalled the program again and it's causing me problems with some of the programs I stopped from running by user the start up option but I would like to continue using spybot and hope you can point me in the right direction. I'm running Windows XP home SP2 and will do what you tell me to do.

Hello,

This
    link should help.

It is also not recommended to use completely outdated versions like Spybot 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5, as this can cause serious damage to your pc!
    Using current detection patterns in old software versions is very dangerous.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks Sandra, having a look now. I don't run outdated Spybot, I've updated to new releases everytime they've come up on the download screen, unfortunately it's been that long since I've been able to open the program