Thread: Internet explorer is gone

Default Internet explorer is gone

I can not open Internet Explorer. when I try it blinks then closes. When I go to the control panel I cannot find the internet options. I can log onto AOL and get on line but from there I cannot get to Internet Explorer web site. When on AOL I can go to other sites. I went to the spybot site last night and tried to download the program and it seemed to "stop" I also tried to download ie 7 and it seemed to "stop". Also, when on the internet I cannot right click but when on Word, or Excel I can right click. I cannot seem to connect to the printer either.

Thanks
    LAC

Default Internet Explorer missing

I cannot log on to Internet Explorer. When I try the screen blinks and nothing happens. I can log into AOL and search the web but, when I try to go from AOL to Internet Explorer it blinds and nothing happens. I tried to download the latest IE and the computer did nothing I also tried to download Spybot and the computer did nothing. I cannot right click when on line but can right click off line. Also, I cannot get the computer to see the printer. This computer is a few years old with XP operating system. The problems started with the right click and got worse from there. Any ideas where I can start.

Thanks

The computer belongs to my significant other.

Hi campbellscorner,

Due to the volume of posts to your own topic, it would have appeared to volunteer analysts that you were already being assisted as they look for topics with no response.

If you still need help please start a new topic as per forum FAQ, "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016