Thread: Toshibia Eco Utility

Question Toshibia Eco Utility

Hi all,

I was wandering if anybody knows what computers can be used with Toshibia's eco utility? I haver looked at Toshibia's website and it gives me a list of what is compatiable but what is so different from mine and those ones (apart from the operating system) I have a Vista Toshibia Equium A100-027 is that compatiable with the software?

Thanks

I've found what you were referring to:
    http://laptops.toshiba.com/research-...health-monitor
    -
    Apparently, it is called the PC Health Monitor. It seems very similar to your description. I have also ran a Google search on your labtop and it seems to fit in the Mini-Notebook section of the site. You can always download the software and give it a shot. It does not hurt to try.

Thumbs up

Hi drragostea,

Thanks for your reply. Ok I will give it go but I looked on the link that you gave me but it does not show anywere to download the program.

thanks

I am sorry but I cannot help you on this issue because I am having trouble finding your model in the support for Downloads&Drivers .

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...nload&sn=false

The farthest I have gotten was to the Satellite models, which started with "A-100...". But they do not have your model.

I do not know why, if your model is old (not really, since it was probably manufactured in 2007) or if the software does not support your model.

The searches for the download location of the software leads me to believe that this software was specifically crafted for certain (preferably newer) builds.

If the software was able to be downloaded, I would be more than glad to show you the download link (if I could find it). The problem is that I do not think the software is offered to your labtop. This reminds me that some companies like HP or IBM make mini-software (maybe to accompany the touchpad, monitor the drive against damage, etc.) could make software specifically for models. But that is just what I notice over the years. I do not see it that often because I have set up a HP netbook before and did not recognize any specific software, other than the Office suites, DVD burners, or trials to things that the average computer user do not need.

I apologize because I am unable to assist you in this issue.

I've also searched Toshiba's website and could not find anywhere to download the software so I reach a conclusion where the software most likely comes pre-installed on specific computers or comes on a CD along with the laptop.

If you find that the software was not pre-installed and wasn't available on any CD that came with the laptop, the software is probably incompatible with your laptop. Think about it this way - most hardware manufacturers enjoy bundling mountains of mostly useless software with your hardware purchase, so why in this case is Toshiba making it so hard for us to find a place to download this software? Obviously there must be a reason for Toshiba "hiding" this program.

May I ask why are you interested in installing this "eco utility" from Toshiba? From my experience, while most hardware manufacturers make relatively good hardware, their software on the other hand is usually "not so good" (to put it nicely! ). More seriously though, I'm sure if you tell us what you wanted to achieve with the software someone can suggest alternatives for you to use.

Thumbs up

Hi drragostea and honda12,

thanks for your reply and help. The reson why I wanted to download this software was just try it out and if it was not wahat I expected I would have removed it. I agree honda12 the software is probabely not that good.

thanks once again for all your help.

I will have to say that I am a very "conservative" guy. I like to go back on the electricity bill ^^. But frankly, this "Eco" utility may be nothing but an redundant application with eyecandy (no offense). I say this because this program (from the screenshots) appear to just adjust the brightness of your monitor (screen) and maybe turn the machine to Standby, Shut down, or Hibernate at defined intervals. Things that anyone could do if they are willing to go through the settings.

I could tell that other brand labtops such as HP and DELL, do not bother to include "Eco" tools. Maybe stuff the machine with trialware before mass distributing. Companies make money this way. I read in a tech magazine that (I think it was Sony VAIO) consumers would have to pay extra to purchase a machine without such junk.