Thread: Stuck in bios screen! Help!

Exclamation Stuck in bios screen! Help!

Hello,

When i turn my computer on, im practically stuck on the first screen were the POST test is done. I am not able to enter bios, as ive simply froze. There is an message tho stating " CPUID:0f43 ID:0004", this is directly under the sentence Main processor: intel (r) perntium 4 3.20ghz (200x16)........

I do notice a click or tick of the motherboard battery at start up. At first it was actually constant ticking, now ive got it to actually boot ( before the computer wouldnt even start until i fiddled around inside. However now i can boot just cant get past the bios screen!

Anybody have a clue on whats happening?

Emeritus

click or tick of the motherboard battery at start up
    Must have been the HD or a fan you heard. Make sure the power and ribbon or SATA connections are secure between the HD and the board. Do you hear any beeps during the POST? Have you added or replaced any hardware? RAM, cards etc? Did you try clearing the CMOS battery. Boards have jumpers to do this, Do you have the Windows CD you could boot from? If you have a commercially purchased machine then its worth the time to visit there web site. Most vendors have good troubleshooting information and suggestions to try for different problems.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Quote Originally Posted by shelf life View Post
    Must have been the HD or a fan you heard.
    100% that the mobo battery ticked. Also during POST i hear 1 beep.

I took the mobo battery out for a few minutes, then placed it back. NO change any other ideas?

Emeritus

A dead CMOS battery shouldnt keep the machine from booting up. Try powering off the main switch in the back of the machine (assuming its a desk top) then back on and finally restarting the machine.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?