On January 27, 2010 my pc was infected with
internet security 2010

and TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fakeinit was in my AVG quarantine folder
spybot detected 4 files wich I fixed but spybot could not remove the threats from the start up menu if I disabled them more processes would just open AVG was no help I decided to reboot into safe mode (stupid me I didn't try hijackthis first) cause most of system was disabled like the task manager and most programs from the start menu I was than locked out of my user account by a password I tried The Last Known Good Configuration that didn't work.

I did a clean installation of widows xp pro sp3 Ie8 all updates and here's my problem/question

My brother uses http://answers.yahoo.com/ and yesterday a pop up nessage warning will pop up with the message, "Warning! Your computer contains various signs of viruses and malware programs presence. Your system requires immediate anti-virus check! System Security will perform a quick and free scanning of your PC for viruses and malicious programs." Then, a new window will pop up and show a scanning of the PC.

I think he clicked on the popup and thats how I got infected does anyone know if I lock the Hosts file with spybot will this help prevent messages like this from popping up so that aren't mistakenly clicked on .

Will any of SBSD features help prevent Malvertisements tainted banner ads hijacked ads .