Thread: Popup - Deny Change not available

Default Popup - Deny Change not available

It seems that each time I log on to my PC, I get a Spybot message box saying that an important registry entry has been changed. I don't know what this is and the Deny Change button isn't active. The only option I have is to click Allow Change. I can't even close the window. The change is coming from ActiveX Distrubution Unit - is it safe to allow this change. I have no idea what it is. Screen shot attached.

Thanks for the screenshot, that helped. In this scenario, this is something you cannot change. Something (Active X [like a plugin]) has been removed, except it is not your choice whether to allow it or deny it. You cannot bring back the deleted entry. I believe this is from a registry key, considering it is a long string of letters and numbers.

Have you removed anything lately, with an anti-virus or anti-spyware program?

Quote Originally Posted by winkjk View Post
    I have no idea what it is. Screen shot attached.
    {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0014-ABCDEFFEDCBA} refers to a DPF (Downloaded Program File) in this instance possibly an update for Sun Java.

I assume that if you have Sun Java installed you have let it update and therefore there would be no point in NOT allowing the change.

If Sun Java is not installed, then you need to look further into what this is all about.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2010-02-19 at 11:42.