Thread: set program to automatic mode and now can't get back in

Default set program to automatic mode and now can't get back in

Hello, I have set the spybot to the mode where it checks for updates and then starts searching the comptuer for errors as soon as it starts up.

This has caused a problem, because I realize now that I don't want to have to wait for the entire scan to finish before changing a program setting.

When I go to the tea timer icon in the task bar and click "settings" hoping to be able to turn the automatic mode OFF the only setting I get is a black and white list.

I would like to be able to change the program settings with out having to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Please put an ability to change the program "settings" under the settings heading in the teatimer icon on the status bar.

Other than that I don't know what to do because when the program runs the scan, I have unfortunately set it to automatically close!

I will never be able to change the settings again and I guess I just have to uninstall the program, unless there is something else to do that I don't know....

Thanks.

Hello,

In order to undo Spybot-S&D's automation, you can delete the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini).
    Where it is located depends on your Windows version.
    Please be sure that hidden files are shown. Please have a look at this page to see how to show hidden files and folders.

For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    For Windows NT/2000/XP, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Either delete that file, or edit it (for example in notepad) setting all the Automation values in it to zero.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot