Thread: error message...possible infection?

Default error message...possible infection?

posted this in the wrong place. sorry! like i say, potato head.

i keep getting "error retrieving update info file" when trying to update. i checked the firewall, spybot is there and allowed. it runs, it just wont update. when it runs, its been finding but not removing "Win32FraudLoad.edt" and asking to run on a reboot, which i've done but hasn't removed that entry. I've started getting lots of re-directs and a fake windows antivirus download box.

what ever answer you're going to give me i need it in potato head language. i can follow instructions but im no computer guy. this is a work computer, but i am all there is. the other programs on it are symatic end point protection and ad-aware. ad-aware also wont update. i don't know about the semantic because thats something my boss paid for that i don't really have access to. they didn't seem to interfere though and all have been on here for about a year.

Hello savgbst1,

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a helper will advise you as soon as available.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=56446

Please see the forum FAQ, "Before You Post". You could start a new topic, however...

Quote Originally Posted by savgbst1 View Post
    this is a work computer, but i am all there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by savgbst1 View Post
    i don't know about the semantic because thats something my boss paid for that i don't really have access to.
    Read this post please, Personal computers or.....

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016