Hi,

In early January I had a bad level five trojan on my computer that came through IE (I have been using Firefox since then). I used avast to clean off the virus and also ran spybot which caught and removed 9 items, part of which were listed under Supsav.Smss32 (7 TrojansC). Then when I went to restart my computer, it would not start up. It would just immediately log me off. One of my tech friends used my windows disk to recover/restore my computer back and then everything worked fine again and all scans came back clean. Everything was fine until last night.

Yesterday night my computer showed a low disk space alert icon, was extremely slow and sluggish, and seemed to freeze up when I tried to do anything. So I powered it off and then back on again (using power switch) and it was still extremely slow, but I managed to run a spybot scan and saw I had Supsav.Smss32 again and removed it. I ran a full avast scan which came back clean.

My fear right now is... if I turn off my computer or try to restart, that it won't start up again as last time when I removed this same malware package. Can anyone help me fix whatever needs to be fixed so that this won't happen? Overall I believe my computer is clean now, but that maybe some necessary file has been removed or corrupted, or that maybe there is some hidden file I need to remove. Can anyone assist? I just hate to have to ask my friend to travel all the way to my home and fix my computer again and I want to try to learn how to do this on my own.

If you still need a hijack this scan, please let me know and I will post.

- Donna