Thread: spybot disappeared from my computer

Default spybot disappeared from my computer

I'm not sure when but sometime in the last 2 months all traces of spybot software just vanished! Any ideas? Thanks,
    Mike

Hello mikem88,
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem88 View Post
    I'm not sure when but sometime in the last 2 months all traces of spybot software just vanished! Any ideas?
    Not really. Could you give more details please.

For instance, does anyone else share the PC with you, has the computer showed any signs of infection, operating system, security software installed.

Also have you tried downloading and reinstalling?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default spybot vanished

Thanks for taking the time to help. I am only user. There is no security software installed and the OS is win XP. The computer often runs very slow and sometimes I get a message while online that my computer is suddenly infected but if I just close it all seems fine. I have not tried reinstalling as I wanted to get some input first. I'm guessing it is still in my computer somewhere...?

Hi mikem88,
    There is no security software installed and the OS is win XP. The computer often runs very slow and sometimes I get a message while online that my computer is suddenly infected but if I just close it all seems fine.

No anti virus program? Does the XP operating system have a service pack? http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...43&postcount=1

I will refer you to our malware removal forum once you get back to me about that.

Best regards

So you are saying that If you look in your C Drive/Programs folder you don't see SpyBot or Safer-Networking?

I do have service pack 3 in my programs list. There is no trace of spybot anywhere. It's just gone. Is there a free anti-virus anyone could recommend?

Hi mikem88,

Good on SP3. Please follow the instructions in this link to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum where an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Please provide a link back to this thread.
    Is there a free anti-virus anyone could recommend?
    If you do not have an anti virus program installed right now you may want to choose one of these which both have a free edition. AntiVir or Avast

Before your new topic is closed the person assisting can help you choose the right programs for your needs.

Best regards.