Thread: Does S&D Scan All Drives On PC?

Default Does S&D Scan All Drives On PC?

Probably a dumb question,
    I have two physical drives on my PC, c: and D:. When I start "Check for problems", does spybot scan all the drives on my PC? If so can I direct it to only scan the drive I want to (just the D: drive)?

Thanks for any help!

Dave C.

Default Use Windows Explorer

Open Windows Explorer, and expand My Computer to show all your drives. Right click on the drive you want to check, and click on "Scan using Spybot S&D".

Hello,

I am sorry, but that won't work. What firetree is talking about is the single files scanner of Spybot.
    And as the name says it is a single files scanner, which is not supposed to be scanning whole drives, as this would take forever.

Please try this way:
    Please have a look at the "Directories" in the "Settings" when you run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode". There you can add additional harddisks or folders.

You can also use the command line parameter allhives.
    /allhives
    Scans all windows installations on your system, even inactive ones.
    Example: "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /allhives
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you both.
    SpybotSandra,
    Found "Directories" in "Settings" in the "Advanced mode". I right click, "add a directory to the list" window comes up. I next pointed to "D" drive and made a new entry in "Download directory" window. It looks like this:
    D:\
    I will try this and let you know.

Again, thanks!
    Dave C.

I did run scan with :D\ in the "Download directory". How do I know it scanned the D: drive? I look over the "View Report". Nothing jumped out at me that the drive had been scanned.

Dave

Anybody,
    I did run scan with :D\ in the "Download directory". How do I know it scanned the D: drive? I look over the "View Report". Nothing jumped out at me that the drive had been scanned.

Dave