Thread: spybot: windows security override?

Default spybot: windows security override?

Spybot identified two threats: windows security virus override and firewall override??

History: I just finally downloaded IE 8; i have avg ; MS keeps identifying threats like firefox, spybot...

So, i went to control panel and deleted IE 8; when computer restarted I had no desktop; used windows task manager to open firefox and download IE 7; but still have the new security alerts.

still no desktop/start menu

ran spybot...got alerts listed in first line here; stopped spybot as it was late [would be nice to have a pause]

previously[befrore ie 8] running spybot...I was gone for a few hours and left it on; when it finished there was a line at the bottom that said there was one threat...but did not say what and no fix button...?

[i am doing this from my laptop as running using task manager on pc, i do not know if avg is running...don't know how to find restore point menu with task manager...]

now spybot stopped on pc with message 'aborted by user'

When you open Task Manager,is Explorer.exe running?

For the Windows Security Center.AntiVirusOverride and Windows Security Center.FirewallOverride,please see here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/46.html

Which version of Spybot do you have?

Could you describe the new security alerts you're getting a little more?