Thread: Am I allowed... ?

Default Am I allowed... ?

Greetings all...

I've used your software for some time now... and I'm quite impressed.

I own/run a computer repair shop... and I would like to include Spybot S&D in my list of services.

My wish is to charge only for the labour/time involved in installing, updating, and first run of the software, including a quick tutorial on the care and maintenance of the program.

As I do not wish to run afoul of Spybot's license... I want to know if this 'use case' is acceptable to the spybot team.

This is, after all, still for personal use by my customer... the only difference is who installs the program.

Full disclosure: my intent is to charge only $10 for the [install/update/run/tutorial] combination. This, as many computer repair techs will tell you, is a very low price for labour/time.

So how about it, spybot team? Is this an acceptable use of the free version?

Thanks.

Jason

Hello Jason,

we don't know how you cover your costs, Team Spybot today has a lot of full-time staffs,
    and therefore cannot accept any corporate use without the appropriate license.
    Please contact licenses(at)spybot.info to obtain a service license.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello Jason,
    we don't know how you cover your costs,
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this... but I'll try to answer.

My 'fee' is pure labor.

I wouldn't even charge for the cost of the media upon which I write the program (CD/DVD/Flash/etc).

In a market where $44/hour is considered low... $10 to install a program is almost giving away your time/labor.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Team Spybot today has a lot of full-time staffs,
    and therefore cannot accept any corporate use without the appropriate license.
    Please contact licenses(at)spybot.info to obtain a service license.
    Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    I will do so.

Jason