Thread: help... infected?

Default help... infected?

Help... I got that nasty virus that is called system security or something similar, I have had it before which i thought I had completely removed. I got it from an email that i thought was legit from amazon but that was a mistake. I was late for work so I just shut down my computer and thought i would deal with it later, but someone else booted up my computer not knowing and they said my computer went through system recovery automatically. When I got to it my computer seemed to be rebooted back to when i first bought it, and has bigger icons and just looks distorted. I first i thought i had lost all my pictures but when searched for they still exsist under the normal directory.. but my computer seems to be using the directory...
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator.YOUR-B27FB1C401

I am unfamilar with this, I have no idea how to fix it or to get it back or if this is still apart of the infection. My spybot program was not working so I reinstaled it and still no luck. Since then I uninstalled it and installed malwarebytes which has been working and removed quite a few infections. My computer also lost all of its restoration points before the date i recieved the virus. The computer is still extremely slow, not to sure what else to do? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello,

Please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot