Thread: The Task Scheduler Service is not running

Default The Task Scheduler Service is not running

I installed (not upgrade) Win7 on several computers. Installed spybot 1.6.2 and applied all updates. Within spybot's scheduler I setup to run spybot and download updates. Sometime later (perhaps after a reboot and other software installed), I went back to review settings and cannot; screen shows "The Task Scheduler Service is not running" and all options are disabled (grey out). All computers have the same problem. Here is screenshot:

http://gallery.bax.on.ca/Spybot.png

Other software installed includes MS-Office 2007, Adobe reader & flash, java runtime, Norton360.

Windows Task scheduler is active; user has admin privileges. How do I fix this?

Hello,

Scheduled Tasks cannot run without admin rights.
    So did you open your Spybot with a right click and choose "run as admin"?

Then run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link in order to see how to use the Scheduler.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Now isn't that rather interesting! Creating a user with "Administrator" privileges is not exactly the same thing as "run as administrator". The first cannot access S&D schedules; the second can.