Thread: Google Redirection Virus. Please help!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Google Redirection Virus. Please help!!

Heya fellas, I'm TOTALLY stuck!

Got sent an email on facebook from a tutor from my music school saying that he found a video with me in it. I followed the link (didnt really think twice about it) ended up on a page that looked like a video sharing youtube style site. popped up saying "need to install java applet" clicked ok. and before I could think "wait, NO NO NO!!!!" setup.exe was downloaded and run and now I have the google redirection virus.

Downloaded and tried to run Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, but that needs to connect to the malwarebytes site to update and the virus is blocking certain sites (malwarebytes, safer-networking, bleepingcomputer and various other helpful sites!!!)

Need some help PLEASE! I'm not a noob with computers, I just had a noob moment. I have HijackThis logs and ComboFix logs if needed.

Thanks,
    Spao.

Hello spao.fun,
    Quote Originally Posted by spao.fun View Post
    I have HijackThis logs and ComboFix logs if needed.
    Please see this forum's FAQ and start a new topic. "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Note in new topic that you have run CF so helpers are aware. Do NOT run 'FIXES' (ComboFix etc) without being asked Then a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi spao.fun,

Actually, no need to start a new topic as you are being helped here

From our sticky,
    Posters who start topics at multiple sites for their PC problem waste valuable volunteer resources, so please don't. Our analysts assist people at several forums. A member's user name may be different, the problem will not be. A worse scenario would be to run fixes given at one site unbeknown to the person helping the same user elsewhere.
    Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016