Thread: spybot crashes when ask to s&d

Default spybot crashes when ask to s&d

I reinstalled spybot as suspected something wrong.
    Now I can click on immunisation, update and donate (donated because I do think software is worth it) but

when I click on search for problems the taskmanager reports an virtually instant Not Responding. (It shows a Counting Temp. Files and does not seem to do anything.)
    I tried renaming spybot exe and even start in safe mode. but no luck.
    Also I noticed I have 2 or 3 .scr files in my spybot directory don't know if this is important.)

Anyone any ideas because I am concern I got some nasty bugs preventing it perhaps!

(using xp pro, AVG, internet explorer, firefox, thunderbird and use smartftp as I got websites)

Since Spybot stops responding while it's counting temporary files,you could try running disk cleanup,and see if that helps any.

To do that,go to Start,then Run and in the Open box type cleanmgr and click OK.
    If there are a large amount of temporary files listed there,make sure Temporary Files is checkmarked,then click Ok.

As for the .scr files,that's normal,please see here.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29543
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2010-03-24 at 20:02.

i am doing that now, but already noticed that cleanmgr takes forever and ever. by the way I only recently xxcloned my whole harddrive over to a new sata drive and did a complete disk check it was fine, except some icons are missing. (just to give some extra data.)
    I may have to do the cleanmgr overnight, will let you know on it.

Ok,let me know how it goes.