Thread: Tea Timer

Default Tea Timer

Hello
    I started up the the Tea Timer. When I restarted my computer it told me I had a registry change from a program called KH Blocker (Hosts File program). But I had uninstalled that program and cleaned the registry with CCleaner. It still keeps up with the pop ups even when I manually delete the registry key after I restart my computer. I went through the the registry and cleaned everything I could find for KH Blocker but it still happens.
    Anybody have any ideas??

Rick

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Try refreshing TeaTimer's snapshots files and see if that gets rid of the recurring message you are getting at startup.

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:
    • Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
      • TeaTimer closes.
      • TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.
    • Restart TeaTimer:
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
      • Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

OK. Thank you that worked.
    Do you know of an any issues with the SB tea timer and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6. Kaspersky has Proactive defense and keylogger features also.