Thread: help me please !!!

Default help me please !!!

I started download S & D and installed it but i couldn't use it . I don't know why maybe it need register . I couldn't find user and password in it . If someone have user please give me or help me . I don't know much about pc . Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

You don't have to register to use Spybot-S&D and there is no username/password required to use it.

Make sure that you are installing Spybot-S&D and not some other program. The installation program for Spybot-S&D is spybotsd14.exe. There are four (4) download sites here:

If you still encounter problems running Spybot-S&D after making sure that you have installed the correct program, please describe what happens when you try to run it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

i installed the soft and then started to use . It was warning . I link on the Check for problem and then come out a small box read that " You need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater " . What is this ???

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The downloaded installation file contains spyware detection file updates that date from the original release date of Spybot-S&D 1.4. In order to bring those files up to date you must either update them during the installation process by exercising that installation option or after the installation of Spybot-S&D do the following (which you must do now):
    • Go into Spybot > Update (in the left pane).
    • Click "Search for Updates" (button at the top of the right pane).
    • Check (select) everything found in the update list (lower portion of the right pane).
    • Click "Download Updates" (button at the top of the right pane).

After all updates have been received (red question marks change to a green check marks on each item):
    • Exit Spybot (to make sure that all the updates are recognized).
    • Restart Spybot.
    • Click Search & destroy (left pane).
    • And then "Check for problems" (button at the top of the right pane).
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-07-09 at 01:20.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.