Thread: teatimer "deny"-button greyed out/inactive

Default teatimer "deny"-button greyed out/inactive

I am getting popups from teatimer where the "deny"-button is greyed out, so i can't select to deny the change and remember. If i use the close button, the same message keeps popping up. Is there a way to turn off all bho's (i am not really using internet explorer).

The content of the popup is:

Category: Browser Helper Ojbect
    Change: Value deleted
    Entry: (38AD6E71-D476-4F6A-84EE-8DF84BF8643C)
    Old data:
    New data:

At the same time internet explorer is popping up with fake security sites:

i.e. _ttp://amaena.com/securityworm5827/?p=3&h=10&ax=1&aid=nm_go_amnt6&lid=>
    _ttp://202.67.220.227/trafc-2/rfe.php?cmp=amn14&nid=go&uid=4ba7a76e09ac11d...

I had reports from antivir about infection with Trojans (PCK.Klone.G.5 and Dldr.Zlob.NW.2). Those were supposedly fixed by Antivir. I scanned for malware (with Spybot S&D, Adaware, Antivir, Trendmicro Housecall) and i am not getting any reports.

Thanks for any Advice.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The "Deny change" option is grayed out (is not an option) on changes such as the removal of a Browser Helper Object (Value deleted). This is speculation but I assume that the "Deny change" is grayed out because by the time TeaTimer recognizes the Registry change the underlying code for the BHO has been deleted and therefore denying the change would do no good to save the BHO from being deleted. I also assume that the same would hold true for a "Value deleted" for an ActiveX process and possibly other changes. In this case the registry change dialog serves as a warning that something has changed.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I had reports from antivir about infection with Trojans (PCK.Klone.G.5 and Dldr.Zlob.NW.2). Those were supposedly fixed by Antivir. I scanned for malware (with Spybot S&D, Adaware, Antivir, Trendmicro Housecall) and i am not getting any reports.

Are you still getting the fake security sites popping up?

That seems to make sense, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia
    Are you still getting the fake security sites popping up?
    Actually i do, it only happens a couple of times a day. For some reason now internet explorer starts in offline mode, so it will actually not connect to those sites, but the address is still there. I also have some stability issues like windows-explorer windows not closing anymore until i kill them in taskmanager.

In that case,you might want to ask for help in the malware removal forum,if you're not getting help elsewhere.

There are instructions here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Malware removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia
    In that case,you might want to ask for help in the malware removal forum,if you're not getting help elsewhere.
    Thanks, i'll try that

You're welcome.Good luck.