Thread: Is Safer Networking interested in what Symantec has to say?

Default Is Safer Networking interested in what Symantec has to say?

After I got a bunch of malware that was found by Spybot and not by Norton, Symantec tech support is advising me to un-install Spybot. I will humor them just long enough to run a scan and then Spybot is going right back on my computer, and I'll be continuing my annual donation. Anyway, is there someplace I should forward the email telling me that Spybot and Norton are incompatible?

Default un-install Spybot???????????????????

Well, I can only talk about my experience. Years ago, when I talked to Mcafee Tech support, I asked them why their DAT FILES about virus were daily updated and instead the MALWARE/PUPS DAT were old by months.
    (the old versions of Mcafee had two separate ways of scan, one for virus and one for malware).
    The answer was litterally: "Why Macfee had to waste time and resources to maintain it updated when it do exist ont the web a software like Spybot Search and Destroy, which is fast, updated and free?" I did'nt know Spybot so far and it was Mcafee tech support that reccomended me to install it.
    So well when today I scan my system, Spybot usually finds something that Mcafee's isn't able to detect: if one can't take the malware,the other could do. So I'll ever take the two software as twin guardian to my system.
    Best regards to everybody

Live long and prosper

Retired

Hello kacky,
    please forward the mail to legal@spybot.info . We are really interessted to see what they said exactly

regards,
    Markus

Will do!

editing to add: I am operating on about 4 hours' sleep today, so I forwarded the message without any explanation. I hope legal will still be able to use it. It really just gives the same old blurb, but evidence is important.
    Last edited by kacky; 2010-04-07 at 01:43.

Hello kacky,

thanks for your email.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.