First of all, thanks to the creators of FileAlyzer. I have been using it fairy regularly for a year or two now, and it is an awesome tool. I have already recommended it to others several times.

The error I am experiencing occurs after loading a file in FileAlyzer 2 (either by running the exe and opening a file or by using the R-Click dialog) and then closing all of the child windows. Once all of the child windows have been closed, any other file you then try to load does not open properly. All of the information is missing form either the General or Hex tab (or both) and several of the subsequent tabs depending on the type of file.

Also, FileAlyzer does not seem to be able to open shortcut (.lnk) files, although the file extension can be found in Extensions.ini which is interesting. FileAlyzer is just redirected to the file it is a shortcut for (which I suppose is almost always the desired result...). It would be nice however, to have a specific way of viewing the .lnk files themselves.

If I may, I would also like to make a couple of comments about two changes from V1 to V2 of FileAlyzer. I personally like the slightly bigger font of the Hex tab found in the old FileAlyzer layout. The smaller font found on the Hex tab in V2 is harder to read and there is no benefit to the little bit of space that is saved. In my opinion, the smaller font is fine on the other tabs, but the Hex tab should go back to the bigger font. Secondly, the "Search text" and "List Strings" capabilities found in the old versions seem to have disappeared during the conversion to the new layout. I personally thought the lists of URLs and Filenames were very useful. I think these capabilities should be readded.

Thanks,
Sampsca