Thread: spybot runs, but only one red problem found

Default spybot runs, but only one red problem found

Dear helpers,

I've had spybot for a long time and it used to be whenever I ran it I'd have 5+ problems that showed up in red and a variety of things in green (history, cache, etc). But now for months I only ever get one red problem along with the usual green ones. And it's the same red thing every time (Right Media).

It makes me think something is blocking/stopping the other red problems from showing up. I hate to think there are months and months worth of spyware hanging onto my system and I can't get rid of it because something is stopping it from showing up when I run a scan.

I'd appreciate any help with this issue but please answer in simple, easy to follow language. I can follow directions but am not intuitive about how computers work and am not familiar with computer concepts/where files are/how to do things as the vast majority of the posters on this forum are.

Thanks so much.

Hi GoneCrazy,

Quote Originally Posted by GoneCrazy View Post
    I've had spybot for a long time and it used to be whenever I ran it I'd have 5+ problems that showed up in red and a variety of things in green (history, cache, etc).
    Can you tell us which problems Spybot find in previous scans? You said something about 5+ problems...

But now for months I only ever get one red problem along with the usual green ones. And it's the same red thing every time (Right Media).
    Right Media is only a tracking cookie and doesn't any harm to your computer. Do you use the immunization feature of Spybot? This tracking cookie can and should be blocked by Spybot...

It makes me think something is blocking/stopping the other red problems from showing up. I hate to think there are months and months worth of spyware hanging onto my system and I can't get rid of it because something is stopping it from showing up when I run a scan.
    Do you have any sings of Malware? Do you have problems with your computer?

I'm waiting for your answer.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt