Thread: Block registry changes...

Default Block registry changes...

Good day everyone. In the past when i installed Spybot on a system by default it would alert you to any attempts of a registry key change. It seems as of late that it does not do that and I would like to turn that feature back on.

I have looked thru the program to no avail.

Thanks.

Hello,

At first please check if you have the resident TeaTimer activated:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

If you have it activated your TeaTimer is set to the new way of monitoring. To return to the "old" way of monitoring right click on TeaTimer and change it to "Paranoid Mode". This thread has more details on the new TeaTimer.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you for th advice and instruction. That is exactly what I needed.

I'm hoping that when the Win XP 2010 AV try's to make it's registry changes it will show up now.
    I have S&D installed, Tea Timer activated and monitoring yet AVE.exe would still infiltrate the system in many ways including registry changes.

Thank you,.

Mike R

Quote Originally Posted by mikeruth View Post
    I'm hoping that when the Win XP 2010 AV try's to make it's registry changes it will show up now.
    I have S&D installed, Tea Timer activated and monitoring yet AVE.exe would still infiltrate the system in many ways including registry changes.
    I have been experimenting with this and have found TeaTimer to log the updating of the registry but not block it. I'm not running TeaTimer in "Paranoid" mode.

Peace...