Thread: copy Sd to another PC

Default copy Sd to another PC

I have some malware in one computer of mine, possibly downoaded at softonic,
    that blocks my browser when I try to reach Safer-networking.org or any other site with antyspyware definition, so I cant install SD.
    i would try to copy SD form my W7 computer and try to install on the XP one, copying the whole folder and then execute it there...do this would work or I have to do thousand of changes in registry and other places?
    can you give me a solution for this issue?

Hi there,

An analyst could take a look at the system, please follow the instructions in this link to post a preliminary HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and copy paste the log into it.

If HJT won't run please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and a volunteer will advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

thanks for the prompt reply.
    I copied the SD flder in prog files and then I ran the SD Main File and I could install the program. when I launched it I found that the scan was taking a long time analizyng a series of files named Virtumonde, so I checked in the net anddiscovered I am infected with this bad beast.
    I ran hijacttis and following one tip he showed me ideleted the host file in system 32\drivers\etc.
    I did another scan and virtumonde is still there.
    here the new scan of hjt.
    what follows?

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by key View Post
    I ran hijacttis and following one tip he showed me ideleted the host file in system 32\drivers\etc.
    Who is he?
    what follows?
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    An analyst could take a look at the system, please follow the instructions in this link to post a preliminary HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and copy paste the log into it.
    Best regards.

thanks for the prompt reply.
    I copied the SD flder in prog files and then I ran the SD Main File and I could install the program. when I launched it I found that the scan was taking a long time analizyng a series of files named Virtumonde, so I checked in the net anddiscovered I am infected with this bad beast.
    what follows?
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Removed log.
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-04-15 at 23:01. Reason: Removed HJT log

Hi,

Please do NOT post HJT/or any Malware logs in the Spybot forum, thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    ...please follow the instructions in this link to post a preliminary HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Please do that.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...933#post367933
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-04-15 at 23:09. Reason: Added link to new topic :-)