Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Search Engine Redirect Removal (Need Help)

Unhappy Won't Let Me Into Windows Recovery Console

When restarting, computer will not let me into (choose) windows recovery console. It just flashes by quickly. It also will not recognize F2 or F12 on restart. So stuck again with instructions I cannot complete....

Is there any way we could set a specific time to work on this, where we could both be online? It has been a week and things seem worse. Of course, that is not your fault. But the time difference is making it very difficult to accomplish anything with only one e-mail exchange a day. Thanks for your consideration.

Emeritus- Security Expert peku006's Avatar

Hi TMJ1968
    Is there any way we could set a specific time to work on this, where we could both be online?
    I'm sorry but I do not know when I have "free time" ,"real life is really hectic",
    It appears that you have TDL3, or Alureon rootkit infections, and they may be difficult to remove

we need to use ComboFix again

Delete the copy of combofix.exe on your desktop and download a fresh copy from > here <, saving it to your desktop.

and run Combofix again

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply

Thanks peku006
    I don't help with logs thru PM. If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Emeritus- Security Expert peku006's Avatar

Due to a lack of response, this topic is now closed

If you still require help, please open a new thread in the Malware Removal forum, include a
    fresh DDS log, and wait for a new helper.

Your donation helps improving Spybot-S&D!
    I don't help with logs thru PM. If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.